Job title: Technical Support Engineer
Capital Cooling is one of the UK’s leading commercial refrigeration businesses supplying many of the country’s leading brands in the leisure, retail and hospitality sectors. A fast paced and rapidly evolving business Capital Cooling aims to deliver high quality equipment and exceptional value to its clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial refrigeration engineer to join the technical department situated within our Broxburn head office.
This role would suit a field based engineer looking to progress their career in an office based technical support role or an individual currently in a desk/technical support engineer position that is looking for a new challenge.
This is a rare opportunity to join a long established business as it moves into an exciting new chapter.
Job description / duties / responsibilities:
- Manage the incoming technical enquiries - collating the available information for correct analysis re next steps.
- Log the enquiry and process – end to end.
- Identify components required for the intervention.
- Communicate with the parts team as to component requirement & best fit supplier.
- Communicate the intervention with the engineering support network.
- Track the intervention & communicate with internal / external customer.
- Check that warranty charges re suppler job sheet v invoice.
- Manage and track warranty issues – with a keen focus on trends.
- Check that the margins are within company guidelines on chargeable jobs.
- Complete the technical area and pass to finance for invoicing.
- Support sales team with technical requests / advice.
- Trained on f- gas regulations
- Trained on hydrocarbon gas regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge on electrical systems & associated wiring diagrams
- Comprehensive knowledge on refrigeration system design & associated schematic diagrams
- Understand refrigeration and the positive / negative site environments situations.
- Site analysis reports – ability to break down the report to its core and make calculated judgements from the information supplier.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Practice continuous improvement and identify cost reduction solutions.
- Improve internal processes and manage time efficiency
- Good listener
- High level approach to time management skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Complete finisher
- Team worker
- Keen to take on new challenges
Applications are welcomed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your CV with your application.